Hmmm I wonder...

After a whirlwind trip to California, to see my folks, visit with my brother & his wife, and hit Disneyland, I am feeling like I can't catch up. Granted, we came back home to the last two nights of VBS, the two messiest nights. It went smoothly, as there were less kids by then, but still....Ok so I'm complaining. :D

I guess I'm just ready for summer to be complete and the relative "normalcy" of the school year to begin. Not that this has been a bad summer, its just time. Time for projects, naps, shopping without kids, and hour that stays clean most of the day.

Today we went to the mall for a few school items. Clothes. My oldest daughter is a chip off the old block and hates trying on clothing as much as I do. She and I are starting the C25K again (For me, first time for her) tomorrow morning. I'm also starting Weight Watchers. Online. I don't need anymore outings. If I need the meetings I'll sign up for those and pay the fee. I'm about to ask my friend Alex to take me on a tour of her gym too. She offtered before my vacation, but I just wasn't there yet. While I feel ok, I can't stand pictures of myself and realizing that I"m still a young (relatively) woman who looks like THAT!

I also don't like that I've never gotten a real handle on this thing called body image and weight. I can raise three girls, take care of two cats and a dog, get dinner on the table, make sure everyone is where they need to be, but I can't get control of my weight? I can dispatch emergency vehicles, talk to panicked callers, but I can't control my weight? WTH!? I'm frustrated, can you hear it?

Ok so tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day. I'm gonna go find my sports bra.



Comments

  1. sweetie... I completely know what you are saying. I am so there also. I am THERE and I am ready for a change also. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts