Its the most anticipated day of the year, next to Christmas.

Good morning faithful random reader!

Today is a mixture of pain and joy for most stay at home moms. (Unless you live in Meridian. tee hee) Last day of school. Particularly, interesting is how I feel about my sixth grader going to junior high next year. While, on one hand, I'm very excited for her; jr. high was the start of most things wonderful in my life, like boys music, and a social life, my baby is growing up way too fast. Technically, in three years she could take driver's education! That scares the living daylights out of me for the rest of the world. Tee hee. I'm sure I'll be melancholy about that stage too. Driving is a whole new independence.

At any rate, I had a bunch of teachers to make gifts for this year. She, and her sisters, had so many wonderful people in their lives, in addition to their regular homeroom teachers. Music teachers mostly, because that is our niche. I made FOUR of my seven gifts for music teachers.

Let me share with you yesterday's creative adventure:

Here is my inspiration: Cutie Patootie Canisters

I love this idea and hope I can get it to come out with a little more tweeking.

Let me just tell you right now that that cool chalkboard paint does not stick to glass. I was just hoping I guess, I should have known better. And, if you use your vinyl as a mask, it will peel right off along with it. UNLESS YOU PRIME FIRST. Please be kind, prime.

So here's what I ended up with instead!

And here is a close up of the lids...

I purchased these at our local Fred Meyer, and I had been eye-balling them for this idea for months. So to my surprise, I went in, and they were on CLEARANCE! SCORE!!!

The tag says: "As a teacher, you TOWER above the rest", and I used a stamp I've had forever and a day, and I love it. Cut the tags with my Silhouette die cutter. :D

 And with that, I wish every mommy a happy last day of school, homework, and report cards, at least for 2.5 months. And if yours has not yet happened...HANG IN THERE! XOXOXOX





Comments

  1. Cute cute cute... Sorry it didn't work as planned but these are going to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I missed the peeling off adventures, so sorry about that!!! Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts