Yes, its completely humiliating!


shelves up in new spot
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


Because my friend W is soooo brave...and inspiring when it comes to doing stuff, and because my friend Kim posted such a great challenge to our scrapping group. I'm posting these pictures. Am I embarrassed? Yes. Am I dong better? Yes. I'll also post the "in progress pictures.

I'm cleaning up my area of our bedroom because its making my DH crazy. I can't blame him. It makes me crazy too. But I have to create...or go nuts. (Not more than a hop, skip and a jump there!...wear a cup!) So, for him, because I love him, and because we had a third child who can't sleep in the bathtub all the time, I will make this area acceptable. It will take money, time, commitment and most of all....Target cubes. :)



This first picture is of my former Iris Carts. Notice the sheer number and height of them. My DH is 6'4"....I guess I could have stood on him to reach something.




bookshelf
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


And this. This was the bookshelf that held a little bit of everything. I know this picture sucks, I think I have a disease that plagued my father for most of his life called "ThumbInFrontOfLens-Syndrome". It might also have been my camera strap, since I'm fairly guilty of not using it. I'm such a slacker.



Anyhow you can see my futile attempt at organizing with the lovely red faux leather boxes. That helped a little. So did the video boxes. The only thing wrong was that I never could find enough of the same color/design to make it uniform. So it still appeared haphazard and messy. I do like the button jar, however.




messy desk!
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


This is my desk. How do I scrap here, you ask? I don't!



My father made me this fabulous desk out of a door. And put oak trim around it to look nice, and metal legs so I could screw them off and take it wherever life took me. It took me to Idaho. :) This desk is great because nothing really sticks to it. Its like got some kind of coating on it similar to Formica. Knock on Formica!



As you can see, I have pile problems. Everything ends up here. The only addition was a MM Carousel and the removal of the PC Turnabout. My DH now has the Turnabout for his BBQ stuff; and my Carousel looks sooooo cute!



Ok..so...I really do scrap. I squeeze myself onto a pull out portion of my giant oak roll top desk. My DH dislikes that also, so I'm trying to get my space in order. It will happen! He will be happy to see it....our room has never had a makeover since we moved in. The most we have done is to buy a duvet cover and hang some pictures.



Comments

  1. You know what makes me really really mad? Ok, don't answer that! It's when I don't know that my friends have blogs!! Not cool dude. Cute card though. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee...sorry friend. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it! And I definitely wasn't sure I was going to post THIS on it!
    Thanks for liking my card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts