I'm on a roll....a neckroll.


Ok, so I know that's not EXACTLY a neckroll. But it was as close as I could come, and frankly, I"m not comfy sewing circles on the ends of anything yet. I'll get there, because I really do want a neckroll. For my neck.


Anywhooooo....I made these mostly for an "I'm a poop" gift for my sister in law. You see, we've had a busy summer so far, and this week its coming to a head. Summer band is over TODAY, with a concert, and there have been extra practices and such, and the weather just got scorching, so there's been extra whining and swimming; for my sanity. My sanity is important.

Throw into the middle of that, some birthdays. Well, I neglected to call one birthday girl, not realizing that it was extremely important to her to be called ON THE DAY. Now, I don't get that at all, but whatever. She was so upset, she did not act like a grown up, and to ME I don't really care, but to my 12 y/o, it matters immensely. So after a long talk about how grown ups should behave, we (I) decided to mend the fence by providing a gift. We never have exchanged gifts. She doesn't call me on my birthday, so...ya know its a quandry for me. But, I'm trying to keep the peace. So I sew.

At any rate, this is another knock off of my last post. Thank you again, Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew! And my friend Nej, who is a non-blogger, for the push. All fabric is Joann's ( I know, because I cut off the selvages for my selvage quilt stash!). I think next time I will piece the long pillow, to give it a contrasting stripe at the top and bottom, but in the interest of time, and my brain being in the Bahamas, I just went with what I could fathom. My girls picked this fabric assuring me that its the colors of my sister in law's bedroom, and that she likes girly things. I sure hope she likes them. If not, watch for them at Goodwill. (Seriously, would not offend me, SOMEONE will love them!)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts