Opinions please!



Ok so I'm not an experienced quilter. I have been going to our churches' quilting group for about 9 months now. We completed a few, and have some ladies who are experienced quilters sharing their knowledge. I also have a friend or three who's brains I pick, or their mom's. (Wink!)

Since fabric is such a close relative of scrapbooking paper, of course, I love it! And, even I can sew a straight line. And I must add that using my sewing machine, and learning about caring for it, has given me a great satisfaction. I used to only use it for Halloween costumes, and mending stuff for relatives. Now I'm going to get busy decorating my home. Just an extension of the painted front room that I still haven't shown anyone. Only because we haven't hung up our mirror and pictures, and its kind of random still. I am going to see if my hubs will hang the mirror tonight. I'm ready to continue on.

Since its raining today, I thought I'd do laundry and play with my fabric. I finally decided upon the Stacked Coins pattern, (here, and here). Also I'm going to put a stripped border and a polka dot background. I might even do pink polka dots, since this is going to end up on Bling-Bling's bed. Its time for her room to not look like a nursery! :D

So....do you like this arrangement? did I spread out the darks enough? do I need more? I'm not sure about that fabric on the left end. What do you think?



Comments

Popular Posts