I'm No Saint.

Shocking, I know.

But now and then, I do use some common sense. 

So, today for "Gratituesday" (my first time ever posting for this), I'm going to tell you about my morning, and how God turned it around to make me grateful.

5:00 a.m. Yawn. I can't get comfortable. Had a dream about being stuck in a tornado about a mile from home. With my kids at home...and I can't get back to them, because suddenly my van is gone and I'm on foot, trying to get a taxi. (?) (We don't even have tornadoes in Idaho)

5:01-7:29 a.m. Asleep, awake. Asleep, awake.

7:30 a.m. "Mom! I have choir at 8!!!" Groan.

7:40 a.m.  Dressed, teeth even brushed, and out the door.

7:53 a.m.  "Bye kiddo. Have a good day!" kiss. kiss.

8:00 a.m. COFFEE!

8:10 a.m. Home again to get the other two girls.

8:15 a.m. Off to school again.

8:23 a.m. Followed down the main road by crazy mom driver so close to me that I thought she was going to hit me SEVERAL times.

8:25 a.m. Stopped to turn left into the school. I skitter into the driveway before a slow moving car...but not far enough away for HER to fit too....yet, SHE DOES...so close to me, I throw up my hands in the air, giving the "what's up?" motion.

8:27 a.m. "Bye girls. Have a good day!" kiss. kiss.

8:28 a.m. Oops, Bling-bling remembers to have her agenda signed. Ok. Other mom (who parked right behind me...so close she had to back up to get out of the line of cars) Flies by me and all the other lined up cars...so fast the school ladies say "She can't drive that fast in here!" And then I say, "Yeah, she scared me about 3 times in the last five minutes." .....apparently she's been warned numerous times, I hear them say.

8:30 a.m. I contemplate what I should do about this blatant disregard for her own kids' lives, my kids' lives, and all the lives of the kids crossing the parking lot this fine morning. I vow to look up the police non-emergency number and see what I can do.

9:00 a.m. Calm again, and thanking God for protecting us all. Even the woman. How good would it be for anyone to be injured? Kids hurt; bad. Moms hurt; bad. God is good. All the time.

Thank you, Lord for giving me this life.

_____________________

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!



Comments

  1. God is good. Hard to see the positive in instances like that! Hope the rest of your day goes well. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts