So...I'm redecorating my front room.

Let me clarify. WE are redecorating my front room. My husband is doing all the cutting in and painting. I am picking the colors, most of the furniture, and generally keeping our house running. I am also his gopher. I'm going to share what it looks like before (aka right now) and then after. If you've ever been to my house in the last 12 years, you know that I've had this lovely Ralph Lauren green on the walls. But I'm over it, and if it wasn't for my angel-parents, we wouldn't have touched it at this time. They were so lovingly generous and gave us money to purchase new living room furniture for Christmas. After much shopping around I finally picked this one: (It has fabo light colored stitching that adds to its yumminess, and we are not getting the chaise.) We got four recliners in it, so hopefully there will not be any rounds of "don't touch me!" We also got a great solid wood bookshelf, that reminds me of the Ikea cube style you see in everyone's scraprooms, but its tall, 4 cubes call and just two wide. I'd show you, but I can't find it online. Its a lovely heavy solid wood. You'll just have to wait! neener, neener!

Now....let me share with you my 12 year old painted walls. Sorry I had to deprive you of the kitchen ceiling that had the cat food explosion on it. I know you are going to be up nights wishing you had seen it. In these pics we already painted the kitchen ceiling...and are working on a plan for that ugly light fixture. But it works oh-so-well at spreading the light around our kitchen. And my husband...BBQ competitor...he must have his light. The color on the ceiling is SW Biscuit. Almost white. Please ignore all our stuff. We're painting and living here, folks!

Before3
Hey, aren't those checks great? (cough, choke, cough, cough). I've lived with them not matching ANYTHING for over a year. They were a lovely gift from my husband and used to match a valance in there. You can see I've changed the valance to what I had hoped would match my paint LONNNNG before this day. Oh, and you can also see where I tested paint colors. Lived with that for a year too. Yeah, that's how we roll. We are painting this the red sample you see up there next to my cabinets. Its SW Red Bay. I think it will be great. I hope it will be great.

Next is part of my living room. The wall above (kitchen) is a part of a huge wall that goes into a vaulted ceiling in my great room (aka dining area and living room, all together). We have light oak laminate in the dining and kitchen, and a lovely cream w/peppery flaked carpet in the living room. (Well, it will be lovely again after next weeks cleaning.)

Before1

This is the opposite wall from the big wall. My hallway you see there goes to the living room. My lovely friend (and apparent partner in crime) painted the hallway over the summer. Its sooooo much better than the white (aka the white that would not longer come clean). Next to the hall is THE GREEN.  Two shades and then one wall ragged off. It really is lovely. and the ragged off wall might stay.It is where my picture wall is. This could change, but I think pictures might look nice over the new sectional. I have an awesome fall colored wreath as well. I'll have to get the consensus when I'm putting it all back together. The best part!!! The peak will be SW Ligonier Tan, and possibly the next area (door/entry) as well.

Before2
My front door. You can see my two long windows. When we moved in this house, I was soooo pregnant, and sooo sick. We rented this house first, and then couldn't find anything we liked better. Hind-sight! LOL...we were only "planning" one kid. Um...now I have three? Someone needs to explain it to me, I think. ;) So we put up two pieces of a shower curtain that we cut in half after we: a) purchased this house, and b) painted this room. It was ok, I had a sage green, plum, and linen thing going on. I've since moved on. Don't hate me.

Ok so, except for the ginormous wall, there you have it. I'll try to snap a pic of the big wall tomorrow, the light that direction was really screwy so I didn't continue trying...I had to run out to my quilting group.

Wish us ease of painting. My husband is out there vacuuming up his sanding dust right now...we had to patch a little. I won't tell you that he fell through the sheet rock on the top of that plant shelf next to my hallway. Nope...won't even mention it. :D

Stay tuned for the reveal!



Comments

Popular Posts