I am developing DOCD....

That's Decorating OCD. (shhh...stole that phrase, from the fabulous Thrifty Chick...I think!)

Ever since the big "Clean Sweep - Garage Version" last Thursday, (thank you dear, dear friends...you know who you are!) I am totally enthralled with updating my home! But alas, I am on a tight budget, so I'm using what I have. I am just updating it.

I have found the most awesome of blogs....OK, well a few. And I want to share them with you. You know, before I run out to the I.Y.R. and Home Depot. :D

First, I was hunting for paint. Paint is cheap and a quick updater. So...on the recommendation of many, many posts...I went to The Nesting Place.  I've decided on Tobacco Road, I think. Sounds like a nice warm, neutral color for us. I'm sick of the green I have had in the great room for 10 years...yes, that's right, 10 years. Now, I won't say its not lovely; it has been many an inspiration for some (aka my mom), to paint their walls a color for the first time in about 50 years! My husband...he indulged me while I was PG and we bought this...our first house. Its not our dream home, but...the payment is soooo right. So, I'm gonna make the best of it. Some of my favorite topics on this blog, besides the paint, is the easy room makeovers, the "mis-treatments", and the philosophy that "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". What a great thought...and so me. So unperfect.

My next blogtastic find was Kelly's Korner, which is full of amazing links to the rooms of others. And also, so many fabulous crafty furniture and accessory do-dad makeover. 

And another great one..320 Sycamore . This is just full of ideas on many, many levels.

But by far, my favorite....and the blog that has sucks many hours.....authored by my new hero (next to my daddy and husband)..Sarah, the Thrifty Decor Chick at Thrifty Decor Chick. Its full of thrify reuse goodness, with a dash of crafty thrown in! I AM ENTHRALLED WITH THE ENTIRE CONCEPT! I seriously feel a new sickness coming on.

I am going to take some befores and afters....just to keep it real. I'm a recovering clutterbug...there's no doubt about it. But I am making progress and it feels soooooo good!

Ok..stand by! And enjoy the blog hopping!



Comments

Popular Posts