What I've Been Up To, and Not Up To



Look at these beautiful girls!

What a fun visit with had with Mrs. Cain! We went and tooled around looking at snow and driving through avalanche areas (eeeek!) Then we had a way too expensive hamburger at a brewery. We stopped at the Sun Valley Inn, and captured some of the ice and snow sculptures, amazing! Can I just say I feel so proud to be trusted with my brother's kids? Well, ok...she's now a married and living on her own (alone! DH is in Iraq) kid...but still. Now that I'm a mother, I understand the magnitude of this. Yes, call me control freak. (That's freque, to you!) ...but my kids are still on the small side and need controlling.

Now I'm trying to get her brother up here. But he's a busy social butterfly.

So, to entertain myself....I make stuff. And clean house. Sometimes.
Today, I checked one of the websites I like and got a HUGE surprise....I was chosen as a featured artist on Faith Sisters! You can see it here, if you are interested (scroll down, I'm 2marbles). I'm just shocked and honored at the same time. Thanks FS! I love your site!

So....let's see. I've also made a few things. This is one of the valentine's for teachers.

Photobucket
Love using my cutter. Gosh, and it only took me about 18 mos to get started....maybe 2 years.
But gosh, now that it welds, it opened up a whole new world for me.

Here's a bunny card I made for a swap. Kinda boring, but I thought I had more bunnies. This is a digi stamp from All That Scraps. I love digi stamps! Instant gratification! All I did was shade this slightly with my old, old, old Zig marker w/the brush tip. My favorite shader! My 2nd fav is the Prismacolor one in cool grey.

Little Bunny Foo Foo

Let's see....OH! I made this sign for our church library. It was easy and fun. BBQdude says its too "country". Whatever! I think its classic.

Photobucket

And we had a bunch of music stuff going on. The Bean went to the Elementary Solo & Ensemble Music Festival. She played a solo with her music teacher. She did great!


And THEN...she had the area's Choir Festival to attend. She's one busy Bean! Currently she is studying flute, guitar, and got invited to choir at the semester break. As long as her grades remain great, I'm good! Once in awhile I have to get on her because she doesn't have time to waste, but on the whole she doesn't complain. Look at these smiling, happy, singing faces...


And soon, with three hundred kids in the gym, it turns to this.



Yep, this is my kiddo. I was under the bleachers pinching her, don't you know. I wonder if she'd be mortified to know I have this on the internets? ;) EH...who cares! I birthed her, I can take her out too!



Comments

Popular Posts