Post Ablation Revelation

Pms  Ok...so here I am. Just shy of two weeks after my endrometrial ablation. Surgery...piece of cake. Recovery....piece o' the pie. I didn't even have a reaction to the narcotics used to knock me out. Those OR peeps....they are nice folks. I gotta send them a card. They pretended to care what I was doing for Christmas...to take my mind off of what was about to happen. They are GOOD. Yeah, I knew what they were doing. But playing along really did make me feel better. Next thing I know...BAM! I'm waking up in front of a curtained-room with a view.....of the parking structure. Apparently I missed the picketers out front, as they were ran off by the nurses who were like "Hey! There's people recovering here!" I love nurses. If I wasn't old...I'd be one.


So...today...Auntie Flo....she wants to visit sooooo bad. She's kickin' my ovaries in all the right places. Add to that a nasty cold that my kid has passed to me and we both still have; four frustrating days later, and you have one beaten down mommy. She's bored, I'm not able to rest. Just hit me with your best shot germs, why don't ya? I'll find that joy somewhere....just give me a nap first!


I got up today and made my food for the church social tonight. The Thanksgiving social. Its always so fun...I hate missing it. We accidentally signed up for a boatload of dishes to bring....BBQ guy didn't see my name and I didn't see his. I made brocolli cheese casserole...and it smells so good to my PMSing self that I want to dive in and take a bath in it. Me and my sick kid. I am considering making one for just she and I. tee hee. Who needs variety and healthy stuff. We've got green in there!


Last night I stayed up making these Gratitude Place Cards for the social. I added primas and a brad to them, to dress them up a little, and put scriptures about being thankful or grateful in the spaces. I said I'd do that while I was still well, but was wondering why I did that as I started the project. LOL Turns out they were made pretty easy with my Colluzle. I made about 18 of them. Aren't they purdy? Thank you 2Ps for making that soooooo easy for me.


Just a safety reminder. Do not take Nyquil if it gives you bad dreams. Don't even take half a dose. I did. And I had a dream about dogs and meat cleavers after watcing what I thought was a potentially harmless show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on Food Network. They were cooking Turducken. And spliting the fowl open to fill with stuffing with CLEAVERS! I dunno how the dogs got in there...maybe because my dog was a mad chewing machine that night, but I was too out of it to fully wake and put him out. Anyhow....just don't do it. 


So anyway....I just got sidetracked with my playlist. Sorry. Then AlphaInventions where all those peeps were coming from. I'm back to reality now.


So...the revelation. Its really  a strange thing. I'm 42. I just had this ablation thing to stop heavy bleeding that was making me anemic. But I stood, looking in the mirror and realized, "Hey, I can't have anymore cute babies!" And was a little, um...I dunno. Stunned? Not melancholy, because I don't really WANT anymore babies. And, my husband...he's got a vasectomy, so what's up?  Door of life closing I guess. How could that have gone so fast? I was a lonely, but generally happy career girl, then BAM! I'm a mother and wife. And now...while still a mother, I can no longer make those cute little things that crawl around and put stuff in their mouth and call you "ma ma".  Sometimes, during those times, especially if you have them very close together, and you don't realize you are pretty severely anemic, those years slip through your fingers. All I can say is thank the Lord for photography and scrapbooking. Those two things have brought so much joy to my life. Friends when I had none (here anyhow), and memories when I lost them.


So...now I start on the remainder of my journey. I have to wait about 6 weeks, but I'm going to get entirely finished with the holiday before I do.



Comments

Popular Posts