Hello Cupcake!


CupcakesSept2008
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi

And.....we're back.

Yes, long time no blog. Sometimes, it just gets to be too much and the blogger in me must be sacrificed to the family. Sick kids, busy husband, sick mama...and finally the recovery.

So, now the inlaws are in town. Luckily, I inadvertantly planned to go to a Christian women's retreat the weekend of their visit. Really! I didn't do it on purpose, it just worked out for me. Luckily ( ;-)) Grandma BBQ is still here for my visiting pleasure and will probably stay with us on Friday night. BBQ dude will be off by noon and can go get her. I'll be frantically cleaning. Good thing she can't see!

POTD is of my cupcakes.I am taking a Wilton Cake Decorating class on Monday nights at our local craft shoppe. We just finished class three. As you can see, my tube piped cupcakes started off a little rough. I think I should use a bigger tip, because that first couple looked like bubble gum or worms, I can't decide which. Mmmmm...worms. tee hee


Oh, and yes, those are birthday balloon cupcake papers....or whatever those things are called. I ran out of the cute matching heart ones, so ya get what ya get and you don't throw a fit! Trust me, it could have been worse....like this:



ClownCupcakesSept2008
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


Yes, they are still, after 30 years (or more) making these scary clowns. I don't know, but my class had a discussion about how clowns used to not be scary, but now they are because of the movies. But I think perhaps these were scary waaaaay before the cinema....



Comments

  1. Those are stinkin' cute! I love the way the pink ones turned out! I think the tubes are perfect :)
    Can't want to see more of your masterpieces!
    Smooch!
    C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts