I think we're over summer.


Sick Bean
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi

We have been so incredibly busy. And the aftermath has hit. My Bean is sick. She and I stayed home from church today due to her fever and sore throat. She slept most of the time, the rest we snuggled and I made her drink water and take more meds. At this hour, she is still in her nightgown and I'm not making her change. She can if she wants, but I'm not pushing her. She's just completely worn down to the nubbins.


She has a busy life. (Hehe...mostly my doing!) She went to CA for 2.5 weeks, beach almost daily, then a wedding that lasted well into the wee hours, then hopped a plane with her dad (first time! Very exciting and draining!), then off to church camp in the morning. At camp they were up daily at 6:30 a.m. The bugs were bad and the cabin next door wouldn't be quiet after lights out. One of her friends and cabinmate was allergic to mosquito bites and whimpered a lot in the night hours, not intentionally, but still, woke the cabin. Poor thing! Lots of activities at camp, as you may know; and that made for a very good lesson about thinking of others.


So, here we are, having a laze-about day. Recovering from our life. And, guess what...swimming tomorrow at 8:45 a.m.! Sigh. We are making that our only activity this week. And Bling-bling goes to camp a week from Monday, so maybe my oldest and youngest will go to playcamp together.




Well, as promised, here is the "after" shot of my linen/game closet. It doesn't look like much has changed, but it is making my life easier. And there, there are my beloved medicine tubs. Right smack dab in the middle. They have been so handy! I don't have to dig through the entire supply of medicine in the kitchen to find what I need. Our daily med stay there (mostly mine & BBQguys', cuz we're old like that.) for us to access easily and not forget.



Closet Redo Full
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


This arrangement even has room for the beach towels! I LOVE that!
Sick, isn't it? I dont' know what came over me. I'm certain I have been bitten by some ancient cicada that induces a frantic need for organization and less clutter. If it were not for my children, I would think of nothing else.



Comments

Popular Posts