Happy Mother's Day!


Mothers Day Breakfast
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


Aw....look! Breakfast on the couch!



My oldest daughter made me her "omlet" (aka poached egg w/cheese and a ketchup garnish). She SO did not get this gene from me. But isn't it great!? I tell you, she could be the next Giada! So what if it was made with a mc-muffin-makin' machine I got at Target for $7.50!



I was honored this day on the couch, because my youngest was sick last night. I am soooo tired of the croup. We both got up when she started in, her for a drink, me to re-administer the meds, fill the humidifer and give her some comfort. I also sat for a few patting her back firmly to get the phlem back down so she could possibly catch some more shut-eye. (me too!) She won't spit it out much, but she is getting better about it; as I think she is also tired of waking each night. She is totally wiped out by the end of school each day. And there's just three weeks left. So I hate having her miss anymore. But you gotta do what you gotta do.




Mothers Day Me
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


Later, I was to open presents from my younger to kiddos. Here I am in my full on "didn't sleep a good wink" glory. I am so frazzled by the lack of sleep I have chewed off my acrylic nails. They were kinda hoakie anyhow, as they had already started lifting, which is unusual.




Mother's Day Giftages
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


These are the creations from the children of my loins. Are they not fabulous? I was given a few hints on Thursday and Friday when my kids came home. They so wanted me to open them RIGHT NOW. But of course we waited. So there were hand signal hints and stories about picking out pink bows to be told. And how they could not wait for me to open them!



Later today my husband took us to lunch to a newly opened Applebee's near our house. Not too bad. We are all still so full from lunch, no one is even asking for dinner! And I'm not pushing it either! We even had dessert. Chocolate Molten Meltdown or something like that, and the kiddos had strawberry shortcake shooters. Very cute. Nice day.



I even got the kids to clean their rooms. Amazing how bribery works so well.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts