No Mom Allowed!


NoMomAllowed
Originally uploaded by scrappysandi
Hey! Happy Spring!

As you can see, I'm having a happy day. My daughter was so mad at me. You see, we have these things in our house....they are called RULES. And we also have CHORES. The adults, we like 'em. The kids: not so much.

Its just so dang hard to be the parent sometimes. Makes me want to take a header off a bridge. (No offense to those who have had relatives/friends do the unspeakable...its just a fleeting feeling for me; and I have had a friend take an early hiatus as well, so I'm not insensitive. Has it happened to you? You are in my thoughts.) I love my kids. The are the best work of art I've ever done.

I also have to give the big kudos to my parents.. They did a stellar job. Even if I couldn't stand being in the middle of it. They did the best they could and it was pretty good. I actually wish they would have had me do more chores. I would have learned more. Dad, you were so very right...this is a big job. Biggest and hardest job of my life. And no matter how many times you warned me; I still wouldn't have listened. I guess I'm still a kid on the inside. Actually, I have matured, cuz I am listening NOW.

Ok....more a little later from me. I MUST run up to the convenience store and save my soul with a diet coke. I am afraid I might blow a gasket if I don't have one. OH! I have some Vitamin Water in the garage, I'll do that instead. Save myself a buck fiddy. ;)

Alright, so more from me later after I have straightened my desk. I want to finish my overdue card swaps. They are overdue by a day, but it usually works out alright because its for my friends group where you just send two cards; each privately to your swap partner. So no one is really waiting on you. I try to be prompt, but sometimes, Easter gets in the way!


Comments

  1. Love the sign!!! I really wish my kids would make one for their room so I can get some quiet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts