Have I mentioned my neighbors?


  March18 (2) 
  Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


This is the view looking west if you stepped out my back door. Not very exciting, its it? My children have taken a patio chair off the patio (its ok, they are plastic) and our fence has water stains. There is just a smattering of green grass since spring starts tomorrow and we've had a few nice days.



You can see that our houses are fairly close together. I can see into my neighbor's house from my own if I really try, if its dark and they have the blinds open, or what have you.




  March18 (3) 
  Originally uploaded by scrappysandi


THIS is the view if I step out on to my patio. We are in the process of giving away this huge dog house that my daddy built for our two dogs. We want to put our garden there again. Our neighbors to the rear (a rental) ave a very large willow tree. I enjoy the willow because it gives us a bit of privacy when it is green. There used to be two, I really liked that other one, because it gave us a lot of privacy from the house in the rear.



See the house in line with the dog house? There used to be a cherry tree right there. Those neighbors decided to chop it down last year. They were so happy when DH took the cherry wood away for them. And he was happy because he can smoke with it. Dandy, right?



Not.So.Fast. Here we are....months later. My girls are big enough to explore their own backyard. (See earlier post about the Emergency Room.) The doghouse is a phase of that exploration. Now, we have told them just to stay off the dog house. Because don't want anymore trips to the emergency room! BUT yesterday, we receive snotty snail mail from said neighbor! The male neighbor just spoke to my DH over the fence on Sunday....said NOTHING about the children "teasing" their dog. Said NOTHING about the kids violating their privacy (hello....remember that cherry tree?).



Now, granted...I wouldn't want kids looking in my house either. But seriously, YOU chopped the tree down. The kids are just kids. Yes, we had a brat over who doesn't listen when asked to stop doing things. She threw sticks for the neighbor dog.....she thought it might chase them. DON'T yell at my children. Don't.do.it. Come speak with me. I will take care of it. ME....not YOU.



Now, you might think I'm being snotty. But I have turned my head at the loud parties that this couple (childless, I might add; I was clueless then too) had all summer I turned my head at the loud music and the profanity yelled by a drunk party attendee. No more. No.More. I will be calling the P.D.....for a couple reasons. You are complaining about privacy....I see into your house from my back door. The children sitting on the dog house are really not the problem. I am. I'm watchin', dear neighbors. And listening. Also, I don't really like my kids hearing the f-bomb dropped by your friend Dudley while waving his beer bottle. So put that in your wiener dog and stuff it.



Am I bitter?



Comments

  1. Bwahahahaha! I don't think I have ever seen this side of you! I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts