Art Mom

Okay. So I drank the kool aid. I became an "art mom"  at the urging of the PTA Volunteer Coordinator. She is a great lady; nice, Christian, and encouraging. She's good for me, so I don't mind helping out.



I was really nervous about being in front of a group. But after doing just one class, my DD's 4th grade, and seeing how much of a good time they had, I realized, they don't really care what I say up in front of them, they just want to create. So, this second time, for the 2nd graders, it was easy! It really made me not dread going to my volunteer day. I guess I used to dread it because I usually got stuck testing reading or math, and the kids were naturally unenthusiastic. Now they can't wait to see me! LOL Now I'm PO'd that my parents wouldn't let me take art in school! ;-)



What is really cool is: I get to pick the project we do! So all those things I didn't get to do, I have access to now. Except the next project has to be a portfolio for their projects to be stored in until the Spring Art Show. I am looking at something like this (Portfolio) only made with cardboard or poster-board. If you have ANY ideas for this, please comment!



Ok..next vent.



Hooray! We are almost completely done with Thanksgiving leftovers! We've had turkey noodle soup, "thanksgiving casserole" (sweet potatoes, potatoes, turkey & gravy layered), and grilled turkey sandwiches here and there. I'm considering turkey enchiladas for one last bit of turkey. We've done well. Saved on the groceries this payday. lol Next holiday, please!



Well, my hubby didn't get the job he was hoping for. I'm so sad for him. I want him to be happy. I am just going to continue praying for God's guidance. And supporting my husband. He is a wonderful man, with so much going for him. I know we will find something. His company is downsizing and getting rid of the higher paid employees this round (meaning US!). I hope we don't have to leave this area. And if we do, we get to move closer to my parents. It would be nice to be there for their remaining years.



I have to consider going back to work, at least part time. If I can't find something to do here at home to make a little cash. Just for the incidentals and extras. I've got my thinking cap on!



Ok...I have a croupy kid at home, and she needs my attention. ...signing off until another day.



Comments

Popular Posts