Monday, monday.....lalalala

Yep, another Monday. Two of three kids off to school, and another will leave in 2.5 hours. Not that I'm counting. My DH is home today too. And let me tell ya why.....



HE GOT A NEW JOB! Yeah, that doesn't make much sense, does it? He SHOULD be going to work, but the lady who signs the contracts had a death in the family and left without signing his. Nice, eh? So, he gets a little break from the old cube, before heading in to the new and completely ugly cubes at the new place of business. I am just so happy for him....a change of scenery will do him such good, I think.



His real dream is to become a sidewalk BBQ joint owner. Personally, I think that is for when our kids are gone and out of the house, or at the very least, are teens and have their own lives. Right now they need us too much and they need HIM. He's taken them hookie bobbing 3 days in the last 1.5 weeks and he couldn't do that running a BBQ shack. Don't get me wrong, I want him to have his dreams, but not at the expense of being close to our girls. They need to know how a man is supposed to love them and cherish them, just like Daddy! You get what I mean, right?



On a side note, I have a very strange cat. She has been on antibiotics and steroids for a bacterial infection caused by catching mice and eating their fleas. We suspect she also has a flea allergy. Before we realized what was going on, she had pulled out (in one night!) a three inch patch of hair on her back and around her bungholio! She is a sight to behold. Luckily, she has greatly improved and besides the big scab on her back, she is back to her normal self. She still refuses to eat in the garage (it is snowing here....more than in the last 10 years!) but has started using the cat box. (oh yay...catbox). Next cat that I have, it will definitely be an inside only animal. This kitty we found already living outdoors, outside of the preschool my girls attended, with her brother. Her brother was a psycho ear sucker who would not leave my kids alone at night, so I wasn't too horribly sad when he ran off. At least I hope he ran off, we have coyotes nearby on the Oregon Trail.....so ya know...that could have been a not so happy ending.



Today I MUST work on cards for the Shaped Card Swap I am hosting. It is the third round of this same swap in the last 2 years, and its always really cute. After that I think my friend Heather is going to host a themed card swap...like "Get Well" or "Happy Birthday". It will be good.



I have big plans for continuing my work on my scraparea in my bedroom. And my bedroom as a whole. Its time for DH and I to regain that space. We are such slobs. Busy, busy, slobs. lol My mom calls it "clean clutter". I would have to agree, because I go in there every now and again and dust, vaccum and pick up the general messes. With the rest of the house to keep up on, and DH not helping anywhere but the kitchen and outside (not in the winter, however)....my bedroom suffers the most.



Well, I best get to it. I'm gonna do laundry and stuff....have a great day if you read this!



:)



Comments

Popular Posts