Well, well, well....

Look how long it has been since I blogged. Maybe I'll take it up again.

I'm just looking around here...and my goodness. Things have changed. My girls are SO big now...I have a high schooler, middle schooler, and one in her last year of elementary school. Trying to keep them connected through activities is working out for me, but probably not much longer. They all do the local drill team together; its been a nice sister thing.

Social media has pretty much taken the place of the blog, for the most part, bloggers must have both to stay connected. Which I appreciate. Blogging is no easy chore; taking the pictures, formulating the ideas, and putting it all together can be daunting. Plus, sometimes the question of "what do I say?" must arise. Frequently and frankly, I think I'm just not that interesting.

So, as I catch up my blog a little bit..... I think I'll just do it by project or as the whim hits. (which is pretty much what I do anyhow, and apparently that whim hasn't hit for two years!) Actually, I have projects to share now! More on that in a few...

I have a routine in the morning, do you? I like to (and by "like" I mean, I have to!) either get myself up and throw on my fuzzy pj pants, bunny slippers, glasses, grab a cup o' joe and take the kids to band, choir, or volleyball at 6:30 a.m. OR....let them take the bus on the days with no practice. My FAVORITE! Then I just do all those things without getting in the van, and I get to sit in my desk chair and drink my coffee while reading fun blogs, or deciding what project I want to tackle today.

Today's funny blog was this one...oh you won't be sorry reading here....soooo funny. I already love her mom. The blog is My Life and Kids by Anna Luther. Hysterical truth, you won't be sorry. She didn't pay me to say that either.

And I have my trusty old favorite Thrifty Decor Chick who is entertaining and inspiring, as well. Sarah makes me have that "I can do this!" attitude about making my house how I want it to be. And reminding me that life gettin' crazy on ya, happens. Like right now, when I dropped off my 6th grader not more than 10 minutes ago and she's already called me. What was I saying again? Oh yeah....Sarah didn't pay me either.

As many of my four readers may know, my husband is a semi-pro (hehe...I dunno what to call him!) BBQ Competitor. His blog PatioDaddioBBQ has many of our meals on it. I'm fortunate that his cooking skills allow me the time to goof off be creative. I don't know how I got so fortunate. I tell ya, God was lookin' out for me giving me this man! Thank you, God! I was just mentioning that here because a) he has good food, and b) I want everyone to have the time to get creative (his recipes, make someone else make them! ha!), and c) he wouldn't let me make him a quilted smoker cover....so I had to make a sewing machine one instead. Boo, right? Why not?

In case you didn't know...I've kinda stopped my scrapbooking habit. I don't know why. Its not like I don't want to scrap, its just not a priority right now. Oh yes, I still have all the goodies. I've passed on some, but I kept other things for school projects and home projects. I still make cards, and kept all my stamps. But now, I'm a quilter. A home quilter...no show stuff or anything like that. I've been in love with quilts since I was a child. Both of my grandmothers were quilters, and I have a few quilts from each. A couple specifically made for me (below, made of my clothing as a child and completely hand quilted), and some just everyday quilts, which are really wonderful.


So, with the help of some friends and some blogs, I've taught myself to quilt. I made a quilt top in a class with a friend about 20 years ago. (Hi Vickie, if you are out there!) And another of my friends has a long arm machine, and she quilted it for me! Its beautiful....and I gave it to my mother who hung it in her guest bedroom for many years. But I wanted to quilt one myself...ya know, make it from start to finish. So I did. Here is my first real "all me" quilt, I made for my oldest daughter. (The green looks weird in this photo, but its really a lovely spring green that matches her walls, which are also not this weird color).


I learned a lot on her quilt...and of course, now she is a full blown teenager, and wants to redecorate. Oy!

I moved on to my middle daughter. She is a lover of all things pink & sparkly, like most girly-girls. I made her this one. It didn't go as smoothly, but it will do for now. (Look how little she is in this picture!!!!
aaaggghhh!)


My poor baby girl, Snickerdoodle....I have not finished her quilt. Bad mommy! And she lets me know. However...I have made myself a sewing machine cover! I have a dusty house...and I'm not so fond of the dusting. So....if I could quilt stuff to cover my entire house, I would! ha!

With the help of the directions at Sew Delicious (and you can see, I had horded the same fabric line!), I made this cover:

Ooh look at that...you get to see a smidge of my disorganized dwelling too! And my ipad! :D Bonus!
I'd never made anything like this...so I am pretty impressed with myself for finishing it. I'm also a chronic "unfinisher".....I like to use my kids as an excuse too. But really, I think I just get overwhelmed by this mothering thing. Juggling alllll this stuff is a tough business. I used to be a 9-1-1 operator, and THAT was easier than being a mom!

Well, I am going to go take some picture of more projects to share with you tomorrow. Thank you for stopping by. Cross your fingers on that quilted smoker cover.....

Have a day!























Comments

Popular Posts