Phew!

Well, that was a busy few days!
Now that the Ladies Conference/Retreat is over, and the Golf Scramble is over....we can breathe a little!

Suddenly, it has turned to fall here, and its time for me to reshake the clothing for my kids (so they don't free and fry every day!), and get the house ready for winter. I'm planning on some quilts and pillows for my couch, as the cats have taken over my 25 y/o scottie dog blanket (which I'm FINE with!). I'm ready to quilt with some reds, oranges, browns (sorry BFF, I know how you feel about brown!), and green. I can't leave out the green. Ready to get my house back in order too.

But I wanted to share this awesome thing my girls did with the leftover decorations from the Ladies Retreat. We had gathered up all the stuff, and cleaned the church where we hosted the event, and we were taking these back to our home church to look nice for the next day's service. They brought them inside, and went to work at the mantel. Look how great it turned out! Not bad at all for a 13 y/o and an 11 y/o!

It was nice to come to church and see this happy scene.

Then it was back to work in the book of Ezra.

Yeah, I'm a doodler. 

I'm off to work on a pillow sham with leftover fabrics from my daughters quilt I posted the other day. I just want to use up some of my scraps! :D

Have a day!

Comments

  1. It must be that time of year for all us mommy's. Do you ever just feel overwhelmed and buried in STUFF? I almost had to take a brown paper bag to hyperventilate into, when I started cleaning my little girl's room. HA! I'm planning on taking back the dining room, living room and master bedroom next. Donating all the excess is so freeing . . . And I LOVE the mantle! Your girls did a great job!! Enjoy Ezra. I'm working in Daniel right now. So much wonderful stuff to soak up. God Bless and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts