Well, isn't that exciting?

I finally became a statistic. My hard drive crashed. Yep, you guessed it. No back up. Lesson learned; the hard way. Most of my 2010 pics were on the local drive, or still on the camera cards (blush), and I had a CD full of my recipes. But somethings are gone until I pay $85/hr. for someone to recover it, or try the freezer trick.


So....its so cold here. I am in a deep pit of anticipation for warmer weather. Not for the reasons you might think. Not for running, walking, playing tennis.....PAINTING! I want to paint. I want to paint furniture and picture frames and bunk beds. Yes, I'm crazy.  But my list of UFOs is big...and while I'm plugging away at the "winter UFOs", I really am longing for the spring/summer ones.

First I got this cool buffet of craigslist for $50. Its the perfect size for our needs, but...I have some alterations I want to do to it. First, it needs a shelf inside so that the upper portion is not wasted storage space. Secondly, it needs feet. Feet like these..new feet for refurbed buffet. So there's project one.

Next I want to paint my cabinets. Now, I've never done this big a project before. But Beckie at Infarrantly Creative has, and I'm going to also. I'm going to start in the bathroom. I figure if I mess it up back there, then its just my husband and myself who have to deal/look/tolerate it. If I actually had hardware on my cabinets, I'd do this too: Cabinet hardward makeover. So, there's project dos!


I also have a table in my backyard I've had for two years. I need to get it painted, and use it! Great place for the girls and I to eat lunch, outside, in the fresh Idaho air. Until its 107. :D Project #4.

My oldest daughter is now 12, soon to be 13. I guess its time I did more than just piece her room together. I started a guitar quilt for her this fall, and its continuing to come along. But I want to do the following, as well:

1. paint her head/foot boards (used to be mine) Project #5
2. paint her lamp. Got it from my folks, project 6!
3. cover the lampshade. $3 from goodwill. Project 7!
4. put a vinyl guitar on her wall. Project 8!
5. make curtains for her room and put up blinds Project 9!
6. paint her dresser and get new hardware for it. Project 10!

This one is not for my daughter, but I still want to do it...paint another lamp my parents gave me...and the side table I got at the Youth Ranch for $25. So there are projects 11 and 12. I wonder how long all that will take me? I can't wait for summer, because then you get busy in a different way...so I will have to dive in as soon as it gets above about 53 degrees, and before school is out.

I'll probably do the easiest ones first...the ones that I can do in the winter, or in the garage. I still have the room my other two girls share to redo. Also I want to continue sewing things.

Winter projects include:
1. Drop Cloth Window Coverings (I already have the new rods, got them on clearance)
2. Finishing the quilt!
3. Making daughter's curtains.
4. Making her a guitar pillow. Or maybe a peace sign.

All this on top of the regular stuff I do, like Good News Club for our church, Girl Scouts, and room mom for one of the girls' classes.

Tonight I filled the back of my van with donations of clothing, small children's hangers, books, throw pillows, and misc. statuary from my previous life. Yay! I'm tired of my own clutter!

Ok...well, I blogged these at the advice of a very smart friend. Here is my list, permanently and not just in my head! She is so smart!
xoxox

Comments

Popular Posts