Here I am again....clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...


So, the past four months, since the Calvinball ended in March/June...so much has gone on! 

My husband got a job! Woot! But...working at home, which is great, and different. I'm used to having my "me time", and lots of it. I'm adjusting. He's adjusting. And the girls are adjusting.

We got another puppy...cuz we're crazy like that. That's him, up there. His name, after a family vote, is Tucker. Yes, it rhymes with that other word. And yes, its sometimes appropriate. We lost flipflops and underwear. Because our other puppy, now a year old, just wasn't so much like that. Boomer, he's a mellow guy. Tucker, not so much. But he's in puppy training class and we love him to pieces anyhow. Just don't try to wake him at night...he is VERY grumpy.

So, then, we got my oldest daughter graduated from high school, after much online math classes. And now we are trying to get her registered for college. She learned a lot of hard lessons....I hope. She left for tour with the Seattle Cascades on her 18th birthday (and she was so sick! waaaah!) and has been on the road for 6 weeks with them. I'm SUPER proud of her...and I can't wait to see what an awesome music teacher she will be...even more so because of this adventure.
Here she is! Photo cred: her little sister, so ignore the lovely caption.


And my middle hooligan made the varsity cheer squad. We were not really surprised, but very happy for her. She has a darling coach who is battling cancer, but is SUCH a fighter. I pray for her every day....she means so much to us and all these wonderful girls. LOVE her! So I made her a card...
I love the Unity Stamp Company and their inspirational and beautiful stamps.
Please ignore the work area. Just keeping it real. This is where I work.


And by work, I mean relax and play with my stuff that hasn't really seen the light of day for 6 years, before March of this year.
You see, I used to live in a much smaller space, with beings that were getting bigger every single day. It was making me claustrophobic. They were turning into teenagers. And they were in the middle of little girl stuff, and big girl stuff. I really didn't know how to help them, and we had storage issues. Our current home is twice the size, (Thank the LORD!) and everyone has their own room, AND I have a space to call mine and make my messes in. I was trying to create in my bedroom/office/craft area in my old home. It was suffocating. Not that it can't be done, but it just couldn't be done by ME! I'm just not that organized when its a challenge.  I wish I had that gene.

It was SO relaxing to make cards in the hot evening, when you don't want to go outside because:
a) its hot. Five o'clock is the hottest part of the day in Idaho; blew my So Cal girl mind when I moved here,
b) there is possible a wildfire blowing smoke all over the valley and it stinks. We got a couple of nice years, with minimal smoke weeks, so we're due for a bad one.

As I was saying, it was SO relaxing...the I want to do it every night! So I have dinner with the fam, get the dishes going, and head to the craft nook!

The kids are busy on snap/book/insta/time that they don't want to hang with me (also, I'm no longer cool to them), so I just find where I left off with The Blacklist, or some true crime show, until I get freaked out and have to watch something lightheaded like the Kardashians because hey, its dark outside. I do this while stamping stamps that haven't been stamped and chatting it up with my own crazy friends via facebook. Its SO fun! My husband is a talk radio fan, so I can't talk to him then anyhow...he's busy figuring out who to vote for. (whole other kettle of worms there!)

So let me share with you this weeks cards!

Another Unity Stamp Company card.
Diana Girl by Angie Blom.
I can't remember who made that background paper...because its all from my scraps! Love that!
Colored with Copics, Sakura Glaze pen in black (boots) and Sakura Gelly Roll in clear star.
A bit of holographic paper for the sentiment, which is from the same set.
This card is for my daughter, who is on the road all summer. The wonder woman is colored the same color as her drum corps uniform, and red headed like my ginger! <3 How I love and miss her!

Next up:

Orange You Sweet
Stamps: Stampendous, Fresh Fruit
Colored with Copics
Lasting Impressions dotted paper from WAY back.
And ribbon, probably from Joann's
Wish I hadn't inked the edges gray, but live and learn.


Happy Birthday Bird
Stamps: Dina Wakley, Ranger,
Colored with Copics
Inked with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.
I originally wasn't going to make a card out of this bird after I colored it. It looked like a chicken nugget to me. But I tossed it on a scrap of orange and it didn't look so bad, so I made it into a birthday card after been informed that we were running out of birthday cards. (My kids, will they ever know the pain of paying $4 for a card at the store? I hope not!)

Ok, blurry photo...sorry, I put the card away and now I can't seem to locate it!
I was just trying out something with this acrylic set.
Its Stampin' Up, Sheltering Tree.
I bent the sentiment...and I like it!
Not my favorite card, but at least I made one!


So I also did this....using it already! So glad I did it....so easy...and again, done while I was watching tv! Some of these pads I'd had for at least 6-7 years!
I only had to toss one color because it had separated into its green and red base colors. Not bad!

This one I did last week, but I wasn't blogging last week, so here it is. 
A REALLY old SU! stamp, but one of my very favorites. I love making the bottle look like glass with Glossy Accents! 
Made these two late last night.
Stamps: MFT, You Take the Cake & SU! Yippee-Skippee (sentiment)
Sequins from Recollections, attached with Glossy Accents
Random scraps from my scrap files(!)
Ribbon from a long ago ribbon swap
Stamps: Paper Smooches, Incognito
Sakura Glaze Pen in black
Smooch in Red
Dimensional heart sticker, Sticko
Mustache stamp, Paper Smooches, Incognito
Sentiment: MFT, Geek is Chic
Washi tape, from who knows where
Background paper, Green Stack, DCWV

Well, there ya have it...I'm home again tonight, waiting to watch my girl on the field in Broken Arrow, OK! Come on show time!


Comments

Popular Posts