I can't believe I scrapped!

It must have been at least 6-7 years since I truly put pictures on a page for any continued measure of time. But I joined the LOAD (LayOut A Day) with Lain, (her last one!) and I made a LO almost everyday for 29 days! By the end, it was kind of forced, and I stayed up on the 29th to finish seven LOs! (Granted, it was also the District 3 Cheerleading Competition weekend...so very busy). I got to bed about 2:30 am....successful in my endeavor!

I've now decided that I till love traditional scrapping with paper. And I have the supplies to continue for many, many years, only adding a few trendy things now and then. I have had to purchase some high school colored papers recently, as I have a large number of photos of the girls' activities over this year and a couple past. Life is so funny how it changes. For years it was photos of projects, field trips, and class parties, but now its competitions, awards and dances. I remember feeling like these days would never come....I was so exhausted every day from their stuff. I wasn't well...now I know, but then...it was truly a struggle. I am SO much better these days. What a true blessing!

Well, that was a rabbit trail...wasn't it? I was trying to tell you that all that scrapping made me want to continue scrapping...so I joined the "Calvinball" at Get It Scrapped. You can check it out here: Calvinball Forum at Get It Scrapped. Its a silly game where you track your points while scrapping...I'm digging it already!


I stamped on this page!! I never do that! Now I want to explore other ink/page options! My friend made this lovely card, and I think I'm going to hit her up on how she did it. Its a heart with a few shades of red/pink and then it appears that water droplets were sprinkled upon it. I'll post if I make it successful!


This layout was early in my 2:30am festivities. They got increasingly sparse and simple as the hours ticked by. See?



Today I will finish up a layout from Christmas and upload photos to print. The spring round of sagebrush must be growing...so I'm just keeping it easy today....my head is killing me!

More posting tomorrow on things I've discovered while Calvinballing and returning to scrapping/crafting over the last couple months.

Have a lovely day!


Comments

  1. You do wonderful work at 2 in the morning.....my hat's off to you. As to getting simpler as the time goes on....the layouts still look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting back into the scrappy groove! Welcome back to my favorite addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts