Summer!

Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late with that greeting for most folks around my parts. School has been out almost two weeks, and life hasn't slowed down but a fraction. My two oldest girls have gone off to horse camp for a week, and I've been catching up on rest, which I apparently needed very badly! After all the packing up and delivering of children, I was beat! I've napped every day and so has my 9 y/o daughter who decided to stay home! (Yep, I've got a momma's girl...can't blame her, her family is all she's ever known, we are her comfort zone.)

So, here it is, Wednesday, and after I go sit with my kiddo at her summer band lessons, she's learning the french horn, and deliver some neighborhood kids back (their mom works, I just give them the ride home), I'm home to paint my daughters head and foot boards! I've had this project on my plate for a long time, with never the gumption to get started, and I've told myself for months that camp time was painting time. So that's the plan. Today, I take apart the bed, and sand....I hope to prime too, but you never know. I'll probably clean toilets while the paint dries, and perhaps take my daughter out for sushi....but sushi might wait for Friday, because I feel pretty un-hungry even after my first morning cup of coffee. I think its the ol' sinus acting up again.

So, at any rate....perhaps someone reading this can give me some perspective....after my hard drive crash of earlier this year, my blogging screeched to a halt, as all my reference pics were toast. So, I'm resorting to web links, and retaking pics, so pardon my links.  Back to the perspective part....

I have this sectional (roughly, mine is a darker chocolate brown) in my living room. It was a gift from my parents, and its PERFECT for my family of five, plus fur family members. Its the best for watching movies, folding laundry, or nursing a sick kid. Each piece has a recliner, one set has a drink station in it (for the BBQ man) and the other is next to a great table I got at the Youth Ranch Thrift Store for $25 (also on my painting list!).
Example available at http://www.sofasandsectionals.com/

I found some great pillows at Home Goods that I adore...and I've done the drop cloth drapes that I think I saw first here but they are really all over the interwebs so, who's to say WHERE I saw them first. But I want to do something along the lines of this with them. Kimba, at A Soft Place to Land, did a great job, they look so nice. She has a very inspirational DIY blog. My own DC panels are still hanging in a puddle on the floor, and since I've had a moment to breathe I noticed I drew the short straw at Home Depot and one of my  panels has the seam! Ugh....so it really might end up a drop cloth! (Since today I am painting and all!)

So with my dark sofa, and my DC curtains...and 2 inch faux wood blinds....I'm having trouble deciding what color to paint my craigslist buffet, and my YR side table! My SIL says something light because very in my room is kinda dark. I have a big red wall, that I love, (helped me live with my kitchen cabinets for another year....can you say icky 80's golden oak?) and wait for more $ and time for DIY projects. So now I have tan, red, and green that I want to get rid of, but is livable for now. 

Dang...my turn for the shower....bbl!

Comments

Popular Posts